Supex 563VA Acute Curved Caravan Awning Rafter
V3 with Stainless Steel & Glass Filled Nylon Moulded End
Make 4 payments of $11.24 over 8 weeks and get it now!
Notify me when back in stock
Supex 563VA Acute (Large) Curved Awning Rafter (V3.0)
Supex produces Australia's most popular curved rafters for roll out awnings and new to the market is Series 3 of their ever improving flagship product. The 563VA acute (larger curve) version hits the sweet spot in curvature for most applications (around 100mm including the bar thickness). It's no surpise this is the rafter of choice for the leading Australian annexe manufacturers.
New for Version 3.0 is the Stainless Steel & Glass Filled Nylon moulded rail end (which inserts into the bracket provided). This significantly increases the strength of the most vunerable part of the rafter while also reducing rattling noise in windy conditions. Also added is a hexagonal moulded knob insert which stops the screw part of the knob coming loose if the seal with the plastic breaks.
The Supex awning rafters already have many key features & advantages over their competition including:
- They come with a white powdercoated bracket (to match your caravan's wall);
- A rounded top surface to protect your awning from wear when the rafter is in place;
- The rafters are thicker and stronger while still being lightweight;
- They feature a large round tightenning knob, which is less likely to break if dropped;
- The rafters are finished in powdercoated pure white (not cream like many other brands);
- Powdercoat thickness is also greater than the other universal rafters that we've inspected
Suitable for most caravan and RV roll out awnings including Carefree & Dometic A&E, curved Roof Rafters are used to keep the vinyl roof from sagging, ensuring 100% water run-off as well as keeping the fabric tight and reducing wind flap.
Curved Roof Rafters were introduced to help overcome two common problems experienced by caravanners with roll out awnings:
1. Wind Flapping. Wind flapping in the awning causes the caravan to shake which can lead to restless sleep plus cause damage to the awning, frameset, roller and fabric.
2. Water Pooling. Water pooling is a common cause of awning damage.
The minimum recommended usage per awning size is outlined on the following table:
|11' and under||1|
|12' - 16'||2|
|17' - 20'||3|
|21' and over||4|
- 1.5m to 2.43m extension
- Larger Acute Curve to provide more tension and better facilitate run-off
- 12 Month Australian manufacturers warranty
- Wall bracket included
- Lightweight and durable aluminium
- Powder coated white
- Rounded top to protect awning fabric
- Attach the bracket to the RV with 2 screws into the desired position
- Extend the awning out to the fully openned postion making sure the key way is facing down
- Drill a hole in the awning tube at an appropriate height
- File / de-burr the hole in the barrel to ensure no damage to the fabric occurs when closing
- This rafter is not suitable for Box Awnings such as Fiamma. Please see our separately listed Fiamma Awning Rafters.
- Some images show 2 rafters for illustration purposes only. Please note this listing is for 1x curved awning rafter.
- If you're after a lesser curve please see our Supex 563V slight curved rafter which may better suit new awnings with tight fabric & a lesser extension.
- Supex have also released these rafters in Black (See our other listings).
We can't wait to get your caravan and camping gear out to you.
Here are a few things you can do to help us get your goods to you as quickly as possible.
Please leave us a phone number to contact you about your delivery if required. We will not use it for any other purpose.
We are very sorry but we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
We use couriers for delivery, they can not deliver to PO Boxes.
How long is it going to take?
Most items are shipped within 3 days of purchase. We are in NSW, if you are in WA or TAS or a remote regional area allow between a week and ten days from dispatch for your goods to arrive.
How will I know when you have sent my goods?
You will be sent the courier tracking details of your goods as soon as they have been shipped.
When do you deliver?
Our couriers deliver between 7.a.m and 6 p.m weekdays.
If you are not home often, leave an alternate delivery address at the check out (such as a work address).
We do not deliver on weekends or public holidays. Please factor these into your delivery.
Where do you deliver?
We do fixed price shipping. The rates quoted are for major regional centers and metropolitan areas. If you live in a remote regional area postage may incur and additional fee. Please contact us for a quote prior to purchasing.
We don't deliver to remote off shore Islands.
Somethings gone wrong.
With the best intentions in the world sometimes things can still go wrong.
Couriers can be delayed, goods can get damaged. If any of these happen to you let us know within 48 hours of recieving your goods! Take a photo of the problem, keep the packaging and call or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 553 189
Keep that water awayBy: Dennis on 7 May 2019The Acute Curved Awning Rafter is a great value item. The benefit is awesome. No longer do I need to drop one pole to allow the water off my car side awning. The rafter is so easy to install. One small hole in the frame and a couple of pop rivets to hold the supplied bracket. When the awning is set up the rafter just pops into the bracket and the adjustment knob is locked in place. Terrific.
Super 563VA Acute curve RafterBy: Tom Penski on 12 April 2019Very prompt delivery. Supplied as described. installation instructions could be better eg what fixing screws to use or rivets. product is well constructed.
awning rafterBy: Roy on 13 March 2018It fitted my XT10 electric awning with a few easy mods to the pointy end extremely well Takes the slack and noise out of the centre of awning Now just have to wait for rain to see the difference
Supex 563VA PackagingBy: Campbell Forsyth on 21 February 2018Product is great, simple to attach and detach. My concern is the adhesive tape used in the packaging; it adheres so strongly, that it will not peel off. I tried eucalyptus oil, turpentine even a "stanley" blade. Decided to leave well enough alone rather than scratch the powder coating. Unfortunately it will probably discolour with age and exposure to sunlight.
Super acute curved raftersBy: Ross Holland on 12 January 2018Great product - totally stopped flapping and no chance of pooling. Used 3 rafters with 5m awning. I used it with Cvana box type awning by cutting the spike shorter so it didn't hit the roller and drilled the hole right at the top of the box. J