Supex Slight Curved Caravan Awning Rafter
V3 with Stainless Steel & Glass Filled Nylon Moulded End
Make 4 payments of $10.49 over 8 weeks and get it now!In Stock
Notify me when back in stock
Supex Slight Curved Tension Awning Rafter (V3.0)
Supex produces Australia's most popular curved rafters for roll out awnings, and new to the market is Series 3 of their ever improving flagship product.
New for Version 3.0 is the Stainless Steel & Glass Filled Nylon moulded rail end (which inserts into the bracket provided). This significantly increases the strength of the most vunerable part of the rafter while also reducing rattling noise in windy conditions. Also added is a hexagonal moulded knob insert which stops the screw part of the knob coming loose if the seal with the plastic breaks.
The Supex awning rafters already have many key features & advantages over their competition including:
- They come with a white powdercoated bracket (to match your caravan's wall);
- A rounded top surface to protect your awning from wear when the rafter is in place;
- The rafters are thicker and stronger while still being lightweight;
- They feature a large round tightenning knob, which is less likely to break if dropped;
- The rafters are finished in powdercoated pure white (not cream like many other brands);
- Powdercoat thickness is also greater than the other universal rafters that we've inspected
Suitable for most caravan and RV roll out awnings including Sunburst, Carefree, Dometic and A&E, Supex curved roof rafters are used to keep the vinyl roof from sagging, ensuring 100% water run-off as well as keeping the fabric tight and reducing wind flap.
Did you know awning damage is the most common type of insurance claim within the RV industry? Curved roof rails were introduced to help overcome these two common problems experienced by caravanners with roll out awnings:
1. Wind Flapping. Wind flapping in the awning causes the caravan to shake which can lead to restless sleep plus cause damage to the awning, frameset, roller and fabric.
2. Water Pooling. Water pooling is a common cause of awning damage.
The minimum recommended usage per awning size is outlined on the following table:
|11' and under||1|
|12' - 16'||2|
|17' - 20'||3|
|21' and over||4|
- 1.5 to 2.5m extension
- Slight Curve is just enough to keep tension on the awning fabric (for most awnings)
- 12 Month Warranty through Supex, a prominent Australian manufacturer of RV Parts & Accessories
- 1 awning rafter, 1 tightenning knob & 1 white wall bracket is included in this listing
- Unique rounded finish on top to protect the awning fabric from wear
- Lightweight and durable aluminium
- Powder coated white
- Attach the bracket to the RV with 2 screws into the desired position
- Extend the awning out to the fully openned postion making sure the key way is facing down
- Drill a hole in the awning tube at an appropriate height
- File / de-burr the hole in the barrel to ensure no damage to the fabric occurs when closing
- If you're after a larger curve please see the Supex 563VA "Acute" curved rafters. These may better suit older awnings who's fabric has loosenned over time.
- Supex have also released these rafters in Black (See our other listings)
- This rafter is not suitable for Box Awnings such as Fiamma. Please see our separately listed Fiamma Awning Rafters.
- Some images show 2 rafters for illustration purposes only. Please note this listing is for 1x curved awning rafter.
We can't wait to get your caravan and camping gear out to you.
Here are a few things you can do to help us get your goods to you as quickly as possible.
Please leave us a phone number to contact you about your delivery if required. We will not use it for any other purpose.
We are very sorry but we do not deliver to PO Boxes.
We use couriers for delivery, they can not deliver to PO Boxes.
How long is it going to take?
Most items are shipped within 3 days of purchase. We are in NSW, if you are in WA or TAS or a remote regional area allow between a week and ten days from dispatch for your goods to arrive.
How will I know when you have sent my goods?
You will be sent the courier tracking details of your goods as soon as they have been shipped.
When do you deliver?
Our couriers deliver between 7.a.m and 6 p.m weekdays.
If you are not home often, leave an alternate delivery address at the check out (such as a work address).
We do not deliver on weekends or public holidays. Please factor these into your delivery.
Where do you deliver?
We do fixed price shipping. The rates quoted are for major regional centers and metropolitan areas. If you live in a remote regional area postage may incur and additional fee. Please contact us for a quote prior to purchasing.
We don't deliver to remote off shore Islands.
Somethings gone wrong.
With the best intentions in the world sometimes things can still go wrong.
Couriers can be delayed, goods can get damaged. If any of these happen to you let us know within 48 hours of recieving your goods! Take a photo of the problem, keep the packaging and call or email us on email@example.com or 1300 553 189
ExcellentBy: GAVIN WISEMAN on 8 November 2018Product discription was good,service & postage was excellent
Light, strong and secureBy: Catherine on 4 May 2018These rafters are easy to use and feel very secure. They are well-made and light but strong.
Good productBy: John on 17 April 2018A well constructed robust product. Efficient service as well.
Supex Slight Curved Caravan Awning RafterBy: Keith Range on 12 February 2018I was advised by Campsmart to use these slight curved rafters instead of the large curve rafters as my awning was brand new. They worked a treat in recent heavy rain with the awning angled slightly down at one end to also assist in water removal. The fairly high wind experienced before the rain hit was initially a bit of an issue with the awning ballooning up then banging down on the rafters even though the awning was as tight as it could get. This flapping noise was quickly fixed by fitting awning de-flappers at each end of the awning. I recommend the Supex rafters, together with the de-flappers to have a peaceful night's sleep and preservation of the awning.
Need to use it before reviewingBy: Keith Range on 4 January 2018Next caravan trip IN Feb 2018. Might be able to review these curved rafters after that.